Steel structure professional term schedule
Time:01-01-1970 From: Category
- Strength: component section material's ability to resist damage or connection. Strength calculation is to avoid the damage that the out of the strength of materials.
- Carrying capacity: material of structure or component can withstand the maximum internal force without strength, stability, or fatigue damage; Or the maximum internal force of formation damage mechanism when a plastic analysis;
- Strength standard values: national standard of steel yield point, yield strength and tensile strength.
- Strength design values: the strength standard values of steel or connection divided by the corresponding resistance after partial coefficient values.
- First order elastic analysis: The balance analysis of material un-deformed structure, regardless of the deformation on effect on internal forces
- Second-order elastic analysis, considering the influence of the second order structure deformation on the internal force, to establish equilibrium conditions according to the displacement of structure, analysis of structural internal force and displacement according to elastic stage.
- Buckling: buckling is characterized by a sudden failure of a structural member subjected to high compressive, where the actual compressive stress at the point of failure is less than the ultimate compressive stresses that the material is capable of withstanding.
- After web buckling strength: after web buckling is still continue to maintain ability of bear loads.
- General high thickness ratio: its value is equal to the steel bending, shear and compressive yield strength is divided by the corresponding local pressure web plate bending, shear, or the square root of the elastic buckling stress of the dealer.
- Overall stability: outer loads and can occur buckling of the structure or instability of component.
- Effective width: the width in the cross section strength and stability calculation.
- Effective width ratio: the ratio between actual effective width and the width of plate parts.
- Calculation length: it is the concept drawn from the calculation of the compression bar, and the calculated length is equal to the distance between two adjacent bending points when the bar is unstable.
- Slenderness ratio: The ratio of the calculated length of the rod to the radius of gyration of the cross section of the bar.
Previous：What is hoisting safety in the process of steel structure engineering
Next：Building and Design process